“When should I see a PEMF practitioner?” is one of the most frequently asked questions we get at our wellness clinic. To answer this in full, we have to really look at PEMF therapy as a whole.
Pulsed electromagnetic therapy, or PEMF therapy, is a growing area of medical study, and its list of potential benefits is growing all the time.
The basic idea of PEMF therapy is simple. As you probably know, our body is made up of countless cells, all with their own special purposes. When enough cells of a certain type come together, they make up a tissue. Every physical part of our body is a tissue, whether it be our skin, muscle, bones, or our blood. If the cells comprising these tissues are damaged or weakened in any way, this means that the tissues will be as well. This is a major concern, particularly when it comes to the regenerating tissues involved in our body’s healing process.
What is PEMF therapy used for?
PEMF therapy helps to charge and regenerate your body at the cellular level, using low-level pulses of electromagnetic fields to restore them to their optimal condition. There are a wide variety of ways PEMF therapy can be used to help people, and as time goes on, this list is only getting longer. Here are just some of the ways PEMF therapy can potentially benefit patients:
- Help with managing chronic pain, such as back or joint pain
- Reduced healing time for acute pain, often following injuries such as strains, sprains, muscle tears, or major bruising
- Increased melatonin production, improving sleep quality
- Stress reduction
- Improving physical strength and endurance, as well as speeding up muscle regeneration
- Treatment for osteoarthritis
- Help with battling mood disorders, such as depression and anxiety
- Improved immune system function
- Improved blood circulation
- Increased bone regeneration
- Increased general physical energy
As you can see, there’s a benefit of PEMF therapy for just about everyone. If any of the effects above seem like something that could help you in your journey to holistic wellness, you’re likely an excellent candidate for PEMF therapy.
Deciding when to see a PEMF practitioner
People take advantage of PEMF therapy in different ways, depending on their lifestyle and healthcare needs. Some people, especially athletes, use it as a recovery tool, leveraging the amazing properties of PEMFs to reduce downtime after injuries and get them back to the game sooner. Similarly, some people turn to PEMF therapy after trying other avenues of healthcare in order to treat a specific problem. One example of this is arthritis. There are lots of potential ways to manage and treat arthritis, and while some methods will work for one patient, they may not work for another. For this reason, many people dealing with arthritis or joint pain will give PEMF therapy a try well after their diagnosis.
The other way people use PEMF therapy is preventatively. This is one of the most effective ways to make use of this technology, as it allows your body to remain in peak physical condition and continue to build strong, healthy tissues. This is a great way to use PEMF therapy, as it ensures your tissues will form and regenerate strongly across the board. Many people regularly do PEMF therapy simply to keep their bodies in good shape, and the research on the field supports this.
Should I try PEMF therapy for a specific issue?
With this in mind, you may be wondering how to decide if or when to try PEMF therapy. Go through this series of questions to figure out if PEMF therapy is right for you:
- Are you diagnosed with a health issue that can’t be easily treated, such as arthritis, chronic back pain, or a mental illness such as depression or anxiety?
- Have you tried other methods of treating your issue without success?
- Conversely, are you looking to take a holistic approach to managing your condition from the get-go?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, PEMF therapy might be the solution you’re looking for when it comes to treating a specific issue.
Should I try PEMF therapy for preemptive care?
If you don’t have a particular health concern, but you’re still interested in the potential benefits of PEMF therapy, ask yourself these questions to find out if it’s something you might benefit from:
- Have you been prone to repeat health issues in the past, such as frequent illnesses, (i.e. a weak immune system), repeated muscle injuries (such as sprains, muscle tears, etc.), or extended bouts of low quality sleep?
- Are you concerned about your body’s regeneration process after injuries or strenuous exercise?
- In general, are you interested in taking a more proactive approach to your holistic health?
If the answer to any or all of these questions is yes, PEMF therapy may be exactly what you need in order to keep your entire body healthy before any issues develop.
Start living your best life with PEMF therapy
PEMF therapy is an exciting area of medical study. With more potential applications of PEMF emerging frequently, there’s never been a better time to start using this treatment. With this safe, effective, and non-invasive treatment option, you can get started on the journey to unlocking holistic wellness and take your whole health into your own hands.
Got more questions about PEMF therapy? Wondering if it’s the right time to get started? Contact us today!
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Best Life Holistic Services and a clickable link back to this page.